Taken from ariedana
This is a list of things that Gawker says every single woman has in her apartment. If you're single (male or female -- I have a feeling the stuff won't be that dissimilar), say if each one is in yours or not.
1. Piles of magazines everywhere, comprised of tons of pretentious ones that are clearly untouched and then severely thumbed-through Vogues and Luckys -- I have "Cooks Illustrated", "Newsweek", "Seed", and sometimes I pick up" the Economist" or "Scientific American".
2. Overflowing shoe rack and nothing in the fridge --Well yes, and plenty in the fridge.
3. Scented candles -- Hell yeah. Lavender, lemon grass, rose.
4. Slovenly heaps of little-used makeups in the bathroom -- No, I have a small makeup collection. I really don't wear it often.
5. Stuffed animals in the bed -- Only when my cats just ate. I do have Abelard, my favorite stuffed pig that I grew up with in storage in my closet.
6. Cat hair on the furniture -- Yeah. Unless I vacuum. Which does happen from time to time.
7. Cat smell -- I think I have it mostly isolated in my study where the litterbox resides. Then again, I could have adapted to the smell.
8. Cabinets full of mugs featuring the likeness of lady who looks like those hypertrophically-limbed Daily Candy illustrations, bearing the legend "I Love Shopping" or whatnot -- No, I have some hand made pottery mugs, another that says "Genius" (from the Getty), a mug from the Coffee Shop of Horrors, and some Peet's Coffee mugs..
9. Anything pink -- I love pink. Sue me.
10. Ornamental pillows --No. Heck no.
11. Unedited bookshelves, esp. if they include He's Just Not That Into You or anything along those lines -- I have lots of books. Very little self-help. Fiction, non-fiction, rpgs, college texts, etc.
12. Nair -- I do not wear short shorts.
13. Lite cottage cheese in the fridge -- Nope.
14. Anything lite or diet around. Cases of Diet Coke. Weight Watchers 'Just 2 Points' bars -- I don't have sodas in the house. I've got some light low fat stuff, yeah.
15. Inspirational or thinspirational things on the fridge -- I have magnetic poetry in english and yiddish, and a magnet that says "Eat and Get Gas" (it's some old fashioned advertisment for a truck-stop type joint.
16. Framed posters -- I have some modern art prints, the movie posters are framed in my bedroom: Amelie, Kill Bill, Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkhaban, The Usual Suspects, Fight Club, and A Clockwork Orange.
17. Handbag tree -- I have a coat tree, does that count?
I'll add three more of my own, and y'all do the same...
18. A copy of "Bridget Jones' Diary", either the book or the movie. -I don't have either.
19. A really cool shower curtain. -I have a map of the world shower curtain
20. A "goody drawer". --Yes.
And I'll add a few more:
21. Smelly bath salts, fizzes, or bubble bath gel. - Yes! Yes! Yes!
22. Some product from a home selling party (Tupperware, Cookie Lee, Party Lite, Naughty Lady) - Yeah. There's no escape.
23. Soft fuzzy socks, possibly with an image of an animal sewed on.